Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Quick and Easy Beef Tips

As the semester progresses, I find myself spending less time in the kitchen and more time grading essays and studying rhetorical devices. I knew that AP Language was going to be a tough class to teach, but I didn't know that it would feel like my first year of teaching all over again. I have almost used up all of my freezer meals that I created at the beginning of the year, so I am always looking for something easy to throw into my crock pot until I have a free Saturday to make more freezer-ready meals (I am planning to make new recipes this Saturday!). I decided to start our Monday off with one of our favorite meals: beef tips and rice. While my sister always says that beef tips look like dogfood, they sure don't taste like dogfood (I am assuming!). Here is my quick and easy recipe: 

Ingredients: 
2 lbs of beef tips
1 can French onion soup
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 package of dry onion mix
2 tablespoons of flour

Directions: 
Place the beef tips in the crock pot. Pour flour all over the beef to create a light coating. Pour remaining ingredients over the beef tips and cook on low for 4-6 hours. (I usually cook mine for 5 hours.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!