Friday, September 27, 2013

Chicken Burrito Bowls

I love cooking Mexican food, because it is generally very easy to make a yummy dish. I also love Mexican food, because it involves cheese. The recipe that I am sharing today is my interpretation of Moe's burrito bowls. There is not a Moe's in Gadsden, so I like to invent recipes that taste similar to their dishes. Sometimes I fail, but I think this recipe turned out quite delicious. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
2 cups of corn (frozen or canned)
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup of chunky salsa divided (my favorite salsa is On the Border) 
1 clove of garlic (or garlic powder works just as well)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
4 boneless skinless chicken breast 
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, cubed
Hot cooked rice
Shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: 
Combine corn, beans, 1/2 cup salsa, garlic and cumin in the crock pot. Arrange the chicken breasts on top and pour the remaining salsa over the chicken. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for for 4 to 6 hours. Make sure that the chicken is cooked and tender. Remove chicken and shread/cube. Return the chicken to the crock pot along with the cubed cream cheese. Cook on high until the cream cheese is melted. Spoon the chicken and mixture over rice and top of cheese! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!