Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday's Menu

What a wonderful weekend! I think I have finally recovered from last week's Homecoming activities at school and I can finally resume my normal classroom routines. It was a fun week, but I am very glad that we can get back on track. In an effort to be productive, I woke up early yesterday morning and prepared our dinner for tonight before we left for church. I was in the mood for something Italian, so I jumped over to my very best friend's,Catherine, blog- the Bailey Daily's- and borrowed her recipe for stuffed shells. This is by far one of the easiest and most delicious recipes I have ever used. It makes quite a large portion, so I like to freeze some of the shells for later. It is also a great dish to share with friends that have had a baby or surgery, because it is so yummy! Happy cooking! 

Ingredients: 

1 box jumbo shells (one box makes 2 recipes, so you might want to double the rest of the ingredients)
1/2 lb ground Italian flavored sausage
1 clove of garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 package of a 10 oz package of frozen spinach thawed
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg beaten
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese for topping

Directions: 
Cook shells according to package directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Cook sausage with garlic in a large sauce pan. Be sure to break up sausage with a spoon or spatula. Remove from heat. Add mozzarella cheese, spinach, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and egg. Carefully spoon mixture into cooked shells. Place shells in a 13x9 dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over shells. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated throughout. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!