Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's almost fall!

Even though the average high for this week has been around 85 degrees, I still can't help but flip through my cookbooks and find my favorite soup recipes. I love my drive to school during the fall, because I get to see all of the beautiful foliage as I make my way up the mountain to Sardis. I love it even more when I am headed home in the afternoons knowing that I have a fresh batch of soup waiting for me in my crock pot. Today, I am going to share one of my easiest soup recipes! There will be plenty more to add to my blog in the weeks to come!

White Chicken Chili  

Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 package of chicken chili seasoning (I always by MSG free)
1 can of Rotel (my most favorite ingredient for soups!)
1 can white beans (or 2 cans if you love beans)
2 lbs of frozen chicken
1/4 cup of diced onion

Directions: Pour everything into the crock pot (yes, frozen chicken too) and cook on low for 9 hours. The chicken will thaw and cook leaving beautiful shredded pieces and yummy broth! I like to serve mine with shredded cheese and tortilla strips.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!