Thursday, August 29, 2013

One more crock pot favorite...

Over the past few weeks, several teacher friends have asked me to post more crock pot recipes. I love to come home to find my dinner ready to be eaten. By not having to stay in the kitchen for a long period of time every night, I have been able to really focus on my AP class preparations and relax a little bit after school. The recipe I am sharing with you today is one of my most favorites! My dear friend, Tara Wardrup, gave it to me last year and it quickly became a go-to recipe when I don't have time to plan for multiple guests. I hope you enjoy!

Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches:

Ingredients:

For the crock pot:

1 chuck or sirloin roast
1 can of pepperoncini peppers
1 package of dry Italian seasoning
1 cup of water (this allows for extra moisture)

                                    For the sandwiches: 


Monterey Jack Cheese or Havarti Cheese
Hoagie Rolls or even Hamburger Buns

Instructions:
 Place roast in the crock pot (I like to sear my roast before putting it in the crock pot. I just put it in a frying pan with just a little bit of olive oil and kosher salt. I sear every side of the roast, because it helps keep the juices inside the roast when cooking.) Pour water and 1/2 of the can of pepperoncini peppers onto the roast. Sprinkle the dry Italian dressing mix onto the roast.   Cook for 6 hours on low.

Once the roast is cooked, pour the remaining pepperoncini peppers onto the roast and allow it to cook on high for 30 minutes. Once the roast has finished, the meat should just fall apart so you don't have to shred it. Place shredded meat onto the bun and cover with a slice of cheese. Toast the sandwich in the oven for about 3-5 minutes.

I like to serve salad with my Italian roast beef sandwiches, but chips work too! Happy cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!