Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's in my crockpot this week?

This week I am very thankful for my crock pot! After recovering from strep, I have had to play catch-up with all of my school work/planning, so I haven't had time to think outside the realm of my favorite crock pot recipes. Last night, I helped host a parent-student night for all of our AP students at Sardis, so Justin had to finish cooking dinner for me. He did an excellent job, as always! I am so thankful that God let me marry a man that knows how to cook and how to read a recipe. My mother-in-law raised him right! Here is one of my crock pot cookings for this week:

Beef Tips and Rice

This is a quick and easy recipe that always turns out great!

Ingredients:

2lbs beef tips ( I like to use filet tips or sirloin)
1 can of French onion soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 package of dry onion soup mix

Instructions: Put everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve over brown rice (I like to use instant rice)! Justin also cooked some fried okra to go with our meal. He used olive oil and fish batter to make some yummy okra!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!