Sunday, August 11, 2013

Owen's Favorite Things...


Justin and I love to play the role of "fun aunt & uncle" to Owen, Lane, and Jameson. Owen came to spend the night with us on Saturday, so I thought I would create a blogpost with his favorite recipes from my collection. Owen is much like all of the Hayes men, he loves meat and potatoes. As long as we have some type of meat and some potatoes for dinner, Owen is signing my praises! I have named one of my favorite crockpot recipes after him, so here it



 Owen's Roast


Ingredients:

1 Roast (thawed)
1 jar of A1 sauce
1 package of dry onion soup mix
4 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
1/2 cup water

Directions:
Sear roast in a skillet cooking all four sides. This allows the juices to be trapped inside of the roast.
Put roast into the crockpot.
Pour all of the ingredients over the roast.
Cover and cook for 6-7 hours.
Leftovers:
We always have a few slices of roast left over, so I like to reheat the meat with pepperocini peppers and serve on hoagie rolls with pepper jack cheese. Yum!

Oreo Pie

 I always make this for Owen on any holiday and always on his birthday! I usually make two so that Owen will have his very own!

Ingredients:
1-2 packages of Oreos (I always use 1 whole pack for the filling and 1/2 of another for the topping.)
1 Oreo pie crust (These are available in most grocery stores.)
1 (24.3 oz) container of ready-to-serve cheesecake filling

Directions:
Place 15-17 Oreos in a gallon bag. Seal the bag and crush the Oreos using a cup or rolling pin.
Pour crumbled Oreos into a mixing bowl along with the cheesecake filling. Mix with a rubber spatula until the Oreos are evenly distributed. Spoon the Oreo/cheesecake filling into the Oreo pie crust. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on the top of the pie. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for 1 hour.




At the beach with Owen in 2008. Can't believe he is all grown up!

Dancing with Owen and my wedding
Justin and Owen at Bryant Denny Stadium
Owen being a great big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comments are always helpful and make me smile!